So…I have a slight confession to make: I’m not a banana person. I know – what kind of person doesn’t like bananas? I’ll tell you who – one who has a quirky texture issue with bananas.
Don’t lie to me peeps – you know what I’m talking about. Some foods have odd textures that just don’t sit well with you and for me, that would be bananas. I can eat them when they’re kinda green, but once they hit a level of mushiness… bleh.
But here lately, I’ve been slowly easing them back into my diet. Not all at once of course, but gradually I’ll have one in a shake. I dare say, I’m beginning to miss the flavor of bananas…
Last week, I had one in my overnight oats and while it was ok, I wasn’t that keen on the mashed banana. But in preparation for Banana Cream Pie Day, I thought I’d give it another whirl…
Coconut Banana Cream Pie Overnight Oats
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T coconut flakes
- ½ large or 1 small banana slices
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Topping: almonds, grated chocolate and fresh coconut
- Add all the ingredients in a jar. Place lid on and shake well, until combined.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add the desired toppings and enjoy!
Banana Cream Pie Shake
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- ½ large or 1 small banana slices, frozen
- ⅓ cup oats or graham cracker crumbs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Cookie Dough Banana Ice Cream
- 2 T chickpeas
- 1 T peanut butter
- ½ tsp PB2
- ½ tsp agave nectar
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp chocolate chips
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1-2 T milk
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips, banana, and milk in the food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Line a bowl or container with wax paper. Rolls the cookie dough into tiny balls and place on the paper. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Remove banana slices from freezer and allow to thaw 10 minutes. Pulse in food processor until smooth, adding milk as needed.
- Mix together your banana mixture and cookie dough bites and wahla – you have ice cream!