Crab Cake Benedict
- 8 oz. crabmeat, shredded
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 T mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 T parsley
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ T coconut oil, heated to about 95 degrees F
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ T lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 English Muffin
- 2 eggs
- To make crab cakes, mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape into 4 patties and place in a heated skillet with oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes
- To make hollandaise sauce, fill a blender/food processor with boiling water and cover with the lid. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly dry the blender, then blend the egg yolks and lemon juice. Slowly pour in the hot coconut oil, season with salt and paprika, then pulse a few times to combine.
- To poach eggs, fill a skillet with about ¼ cup water and bring to a simmer. Slowly pour eggs into a ramekin, then into the water. Allow to cook about 2-3 minutes, flipping over if desired.
- To assemble, slice a English muffin in half. Place a crab cake and egg on each half. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 large mushrooms
- 1 T butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (a few dashes to taste)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet.Wipe mushrooms with a dry paper towel to clean. Remove stems from mushrooms, chopping finely. Sauté with garlic in butter in a small pan until mushroom stems are tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Add in cooked stems.
- Fill each mushroom with filling, enough to create a dome of filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes until tops are golden.
Crab & Avocado Salad
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 oz lump crab meat
- 1 T chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 T fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- 2 small tomato, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt and fresh black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine together onion, lime juice, cilantro, tomato, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add crab meat and gently toss to coat.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove pit and spoon the avocado out. Mix in with crab mixture.
- Fill the avocado halves equally with crab salad and enjoy!
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 8 oz. lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease a square 8″ casserole dish.
- In a skillet, sauté onion and celery with olive oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, and seafood seasoning.
- Season tilapia fillets with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Spread 1/4 cup crab mixture over fillets. Roll up each from the pointed end; secure with toothpicks.
- Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard toothpicks and serve.