Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup finely shredded or diced carrots
- 1 T coconut flakes
- 1 T chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 T ground flax (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except flax) in a mason jar or container with lid. I start with the liquid ingredients so I can mix together thoroughly.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, mix in flax if desired.
Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 small banana
- ½ T brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 T chopped walnuts
- Place oats, water, sugar, vanilla, and blueberries into a saucepan. Slice 1/2 the banana over top and heat to medium.
- Cook until oats begin to bubble, continuing to stir until oats are cooked and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Top with remaining 1/2 sliced banana and walnuts.
- 1/4 cup oatmeal (blend into flour)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 T water 1/2 tsp. vanilla 1/2 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Additional Fillings
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit
- Blend oatmeal in a food processor until it turns into flour.
- Add the remaining crepe ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan, then pour half of the batter into pan. Swirl pan around so the crepe is very thin, cooking until the top begins to look dry. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook raspberry filling ingredient in a small saucepan. Simmer until thick and bubbly.
- To serve, pour half of raspberry filling out each crepe, then top with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Roll to form a tube and serve!
Banana Oats with Almond Butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or I use water)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 banana
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1 T almond butter
- In a small saucepan, heat milk/water and oats. Stir in half of the banana, mashing it as you do. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir often so it doesn’t get stuck to the bottom of the pan!
- Remove from heat and slice the remaining banana half over top before serving.
Avocado Egg Salad Pita Pockets
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cooled
- 1 small avocado halved
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup spinach
- 2 pita pockets
- In a small bowl, mash together eggs and avocado. Sprinkle in salt and lemon juice; mix to incorporate.
- Split spinach between the two pita pockets, then fill with egg salad. Enjoy!
California Sushi Bowls
- ½ cup cooked rice (whatever you have handy)
- 1 T rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 T light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 oz imitation crab or lump crabmeat, chopped
- ¼ cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup roughly chopped carrots
- ½ large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp chopped pickled sushi ginger (optional)
- Black and toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In small saucepan, combine ½ tablespoon of vinegar with the sugar and salt. Heat over medium heat, whisking until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool about 10 minutes, then pour over rice. Toss to evenly coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise with Sriracha. If it’s too thick, thin with a splash of water. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together soy sauce and remaining ½ tablespoon of vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together crab meat, cucumber, carrots, ginger, and avocado.
- To serve, place rice in a bowl. Top with crab mixture, followed by soy sauce mixture. Finally, drizzle Sriracha mayonnaise over the bowl and serve immediately!
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 T Italian parsley
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 T Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 T olive oil
- 24 oz. tomato pasta sauce
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 6 Italian-style rolls
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T Italian parsley
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs and milk. Let soak for 15 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (beef, onion, egg, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, red pepper and Parmesan cheese). Mix until well combined. Shape the mixture into 24 meatballs. (Tip: Take care not to overmix or the meatballs may be tough.)
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook just until browned on all sides. Remove meatballs from skillet and set aside.
- Pour one jar of pasta sauce into a slow cooker. Add the meatballs and then pour second jar of sauce and the crushed tomatoes on top. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Once meatballs are almost done, preheat oven to 300°F.
- Slice the hoagie rolls and remove some of the bread from the inside to make room for the meatballs. Brush inside of rolls with olive oil and place in oven for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Use a slotted spoon to place meatballs in the toasted rolls. Spoon extra sauce from the slow cooker over the meatballs and then top with parsley and mozzarella cheese. Place subs back into oven for another 3-4 minutes, or until cheese melts and gets slightly browned on top.
Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 16 oz. turkey sausage, casing removed (Al Fresco)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 large butternut, peeled (3 lbs.)
- 1 cup part-skim cottage
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- 16 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, break up the sausage breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon until cooked, about 5 minutes. Add onions and garlic, and cook until soft about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, and pepper. Simmer on low, covered 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice butternut thick rounds with a good-quality.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8×8” casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, parsley, and egg.
- To assemble, spread ¾ cup of sauce on the bottom and layer with 12 rounds of butternut slices. Spread slices with ¾ cup cheese mixture, then top with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1 cup sauce. Lay down 12 more butternuts slices, ¾ cup cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1 cup sauce. If you have enough, top with one more layer of butternut slices, 1½ cups sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 3 lb. pork butt or shoulder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Flour tortillas
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Diced red onion
- Shredded lettuce
- Mix together the spices and rub onto the pork. Place in the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the pork and shred with forks.
- In a skillet with olive oil, lightly toast the tortillas.
- To assemble, spread sour cream or yogurt on the tortilla. Place shredded pork on the tortilla and add additional toppings!